At Qoddi, we are strong advocates and sponsors of open-source projects, and with the recent decision from Heroku to stop offering free plans (used by a lot of open-source developers), we felt the importance of having an alternative ready to keep those projects running.
Qoddi's infrastructure is compatible with most of Heroku's buildpacks and we wrote a guide to migrate a project from Heroku.
We understand that open source developers need features and options that may not be available in our generous free plan like:
- Custom domain names with SSL,
- Production-ready infrastructure to sustain the growth of the project,
- Ability to deploy Docker containers or apps that require more resources than our free plan.
If you are the developer of an open source project, you are eligible for a $500 credit, available for 12 months and renewable every year the project remains active.
$500 for 12 months is enough to deploy a complete infrastructure to promote and manage an open source project with moderate/heavy traffic, including front-end, documentation, and test environments.
To request the open-source credit:
- Open a dedicated Qoddi account with GitHub login using the same account as your open source project on GitHub,
- Send us a message to request the credit,
- The account must be exclusively used to host resources related to your open-source, or the credit will be voided,
- A credit card is not required to activate this account.
To be eligible under this program:
- You must be the creator or the owner of the project,
- It must be completely open-sourced and available on GitHub,
- Have at least 50 stars or 100 forks on its main repository,
- Mention Qoddi as the hosting solution inside the project README
If you have any questions about this program, feel free to contact us!